Sunday, October 11, 2009

Sweater pillow!

Had a little time to just chill last night so I decided to throw together a sweater pillow.

What’s a sweater pillow, you ask?

Well, I went to the thrift shop and bought some old 100% wool sweaters.  When I got home, I washed and dried them a few times until they became very felted.  Each washing made them softer, denser, and of course smaller.

I cut it apart and sewed it together again, this time with a pillow form stuffed inside.

I didn’t remember to take photos of the step-by step, which I’ll remember to do with the next one, but here’s a bad picture of the finished product.  Okay, almost finished – I want to move the flower a little away from the corner…

sweater pillow - almost done!

It’s a fun, cheap and rewarding project.  I’ve got several more to do before they end up in the Atlanta apartment…

later…

Okay, so I moved the flower and it’s much better.  It still needs something…I’m not sure what…but I’ll call it done for now:

sweater pillow

No comments:

Post a Comment