Monday, October 26, 2009

Not too demanding.

Well, I’ve been fighting with a cough for a few days now, and yesterday I was awful hoarse.  Today, though…today I have no voice at all and I’m starting to get a headache to go with it.

I’m definitely a little under the weather, so we’re going to take it real easy. 

1. 10 Minutes a Day + Laundry

10MaD today  isn’t going to be timed.  Just a quick pick-me-up in each room with a sweep/vacuum and I’ll call it done. 

1. Bedroom: done! 5. Dining: done!
2. Office: done! 6. Bathroom: done!
3. Studio: done! 7. Hall (5): done!
4. Kitchen: done! 8. Stairs (5): done!
-> Laundry: done!    

2. Applesauce!

Mom and I were both buying apples left and right for a while, and we ended up with a bowlful that were starting to go bad.  Well, we can’t let that happen, can we? 

So first thing this morning I set out to make applesauce. I love applesauce.  Unsweetened, of course.  And since this was a tremendous variety of apple types, I just knew it would make an excellent sauce.

Getting ready

Here I’ve got my bowl with lemon water to put the sliced apples in to keep them from browning.  Behind that is my scale – love that thing. On the other side of the cutting board is my bowl full of apples to be used – I had exactly enough to do a half-batch.

Prepped vs. peeled

Peeled, cored and weighed apples on the left, and happy goats on the right!

Immersion blending

Everyone with even the slightest interest in cooking needs an immersion blender.  So much easier. 

All done

All done!  Six pounds of prepped apples gave me four pints and two half-pints (ran out of pint jars!).  Beautiful color, amazing flavor. 

And boy, do I need a real camera. My cell phone really isn’t adequate for this…

2. Schoolwork

Nope, none today.  Just couldn’t bring myself to concentrate.  I’ll be paying for it tomorrow though…

3. Craft! 

I got the mock-up of the Target bag done!  I’m very excited – it came out exactly right on the first try.  That never happens!   But I’ll take any small victory I can get. 

Unfortunately, my mock-up was made out of an old white hospital sheet; guess I should have gone ahead and used good fabric.  No problem, though – I’m just glad it all works and looks good. 

The original bag...

Above, you see the original bag with the pattern I made from it.  The white fabric is from an old hospital sheet – perfect for a mock-up. 

The twins!

And here’s the twins!  Sorry for the horrible picture, you’ll have to trust me that they’re identical.  I’m so proud!

Been a good day.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment