Friday, November 6, 2009

An entire day!

This is a thrilling, rare experience – an entire two days OFF! 

Now, don’t get me wrong – I’ve got tons to do.  It’s a great opportunity to get caught up on some schoolwork for one thing. But I simply refuse to let this beautiful fall day go by without enjoying it a little bit.

1. 10 Minutes a Day!

1. Bedroom: done! 5. Studio: done!
2. Bathroom: done! 6. Hall & Stairs: done!
3. Kitchen: done! 7. Patio: done!
4. Dining: done! 8. Office: done!
--> Reorganize CDs: DONE DONE DONE!!!

I have added a new region to my 10MaD – the patio.  Until winter hits, it could use some daily attention, too.

2.  Craft: Toiletry Bag

I’ve gotten pretty tired of having loose toiletries floating all over my suitcase (yes, I use a real, vintage suitcase) when I go out on my 24 hour shifts.

I used this tutorial from Craftster.org as a guideline for making a new toiletry bag. The square shape in the tutorial wasn’t appealing to me, so I went ahead and let it have the angled sides that naturally occur when you use a simple rectangle for a pattern.  The fabric is stuff I have had laying around for years – and it worked beautifully for this project.

sewing-in-the-zipper

finished-bag

The tutorial is fantastic – I only got confused when I tried to not follow the directions (though I still don’t really know what she means when she said to “pivot” at the zipper).  But it’s okay – it worked out in the end and didn't even take very long.

toiletry-bag

3. Fix the Sun!

Oh my gosh, I did it!  I finally fixed my wonderful, beautiful sun.

Mom gave me this pillow many, many years ago.  20? 25 years?  I don’t remember.  He’s a beautiful hand painted sun with his eyes open on one side and closed on the other. 

He got this little hole a long time ago – at least 15 years ago – and only tonight did I get around to fixing him.  I love him so much and can’t wait to get him hung up.

sad-sun-2

Can you believe he’s been sitting in this sad little plastic bag for more than 15 years?

tiny repair

And all because of this little, bitty hole.  I was so terrified of it getting bigger that I just put him away…

finished-sun

And of course it took all of 10 minutes to get that little hole mended. Now he’s sitting on my side table waiting for me to install a hanger in the ceiling. It’s so good to have him back!!!

It’s been a good day.  I guess I’m on the right track…

No comments:

Post a Comment