Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Peanut Butter Doggie Treats

So, I am definitely back on the project-doing bandwagon, only I keep forgetting to take pictures!  I apologize for not keeping updated, and will certainly try harder from now on.

Dexter, our miniature pincher, was about out of his favorite Trader Joe's peanut butter dog treats. Seeing as we are on a very tight budget right now and I absolutely refuse to go shopping, I did a little bit of research. Peanut butter dog treats, it turns out, are incredibly easy to make.  Plus, we happened to have all of the ingredients! 

peanut butter doggie treats

Here’s the recipe I used.  It is a combination of several recipes on the web, just adjusted a bit for what I had on hand:

1 1/2 cups organic whole wheat flour
1/4 cup organic old fashioned oats
1 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 cup 1% organic milk
3/4 cup organic all natural peanut butter
1 tablespoon molasses

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Combine everything in a mixer and stir until smooth. Dough will be stiff and not sticky, but should still be pliable.

Roll dough to approximately 1/4” thickness and cut with an appropriately sized cookie cutter, or into whatever shape you desire.

Bake for 22-25 minutes.

Store in an airtight container or freeze for longer storage.

Dexter absolutely loves these – hopefully your pooch will too!

No comments:

Post a Comment